Many new Sage Evolution users ask us how to run a Year End. Running a Year End in Sage Evolution is unlike that of Sage Pastel Partner and Sage Pastel Xpress.
In Sage Evolution there isn't really a Year End, but rather the opening of a new financial year.
To do this there are a few steps that need to take place:
- Ensure that no users are logged into the company
- All prior year processing, with exception to audit journals, should be completed
- Ensure that you have a backup of the database
- Run the current financial reports (Trial Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Customer and Supplier Age Analysis, Inventory Valuation)
- Go to Common>Company Details>Financial Periods Tab
- Click on Add Financial Period
- Ensure that the relevant users are blocked from posting into prior year by selecting the period to block on the left and then adding the users that need access on the right, while blocking everyone else
- Your Year End is now complete.
Contact us if you have any issues or need assistance with the above.